EROTIC ROMANCE AUTHOR COLLETTE THOMAS


Series -

Todd Hollow Series (Not for the faint of heart.)
Deadly Games
Deadly Affairs

Coming Soon - Weston Cove Series

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What Do Dreams Really Mean?

Some dreams vanish upon awakening.  Some dreams remain with us throughout the day.  I'm not sure if it was the lamb chop I ate, the broccoli, spinach salad, or puree squash.  Maybe it was the two cups of chamomille tea and the two cookies that I enjoyed at a late hour.  I don't know. 

I dreamt that I was pregnant.  Yep, at least six months.  I felt very fat in the dream, all of it in my stomach.  In the dream itself I knew how old I was and though I didn't feel that old I kept telling myself when this baby is ten years old, I'm going to be very old.  This baby is going to be a lot younger than my oldest granddaughter, etc.  I kept saying to myself will I survive the delivery?  How am I going to keep up with raising this child?  What kind of energy will I even have when this child is only ten years old.  On and on and on my mind raced inside that dream. 

Then I woke up to the sounds of thunder and when I pushed the drapes open spotted lightning in the distance.  

Pure relief swept over me.  I looked over at my PeekaPoo dog who was looking back at me.  Hallelujah!  It was only a dream! 

Unlike my heroine in my story NIGHT FANTASIES, which recently earned some nice reviews, I certainly did want to wake up from that dream, and realize it was only just that. 

Still, I wonder what this type of dream about being pregnant especially for a woman way past child bearing years actually means.

Now I do have to add that while getting x-rays at a local chiropractor's office, there was this huge sign stating to let the technician know whether or not I was pregnant.  In fact it was the doctor who asked me, and I remember telling her if I am, then it's a miracle! 

Perhaps my mind simply stored that away where it would come out later in the form of a dream. 

Who knows. 

All I know is that I'm very very happy that this was only a dream. 

 

No comments: